Sunday, February 7, 2016

From the eyes of a child

Blessings from Romania my dear church family and friends.  

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

This is the message that I hope to share with the children here in Romania.  These children need to know that GOD loves them and values them.  The kids struggle everyday for the love and attention that we take for granted and don't always appreciate.  Most of us have family to love us, share our day with, parents to help with homework, to take us to piano, dance, football, soccer, practices, take us to church  and teach us about Jesus, see that we have clean clothes and food to keep us nourished.  The kids here in Romania don't get these daily hugs and kisses from their parents.  I guess this explains why 20 girls ranging from the ages of 12-14, greeted members of our team, who they rememberd from last June, with huge smiles and hugs.  You could visibily see the pure joy that was exchanged between them.  AND to my delight were so eager to connect with us who are here for the first time. While the guys left with a group of boys to enjoy an afternoon of getting shownup by 10 year old boys in soccer, the ladies stayed back for an afternoon of bonding with some amazing young girls. Our time together started out with praise songs that we sang in both English and Romanian.  The girls sang so beautifully and you could feel the room feeled with love for Jesus.  I was in total awe!  Jessie and Sara did a short session with the girls showing off their Zumba skills.  The girls absolutely loved it and quickly picked up on the steps and joined right in.  Some of the girls were eager to show off their dance skills and talents with us.  One girl in particular, Carmen, showed us her ballet skills.  She was absolutely amazing!  Two other girls demonstrated their love of "street dancing".  There was not one girl that did not participate or who was not enjoying herself.  The room was filled with such energy, and excitement.  The team of us, shared our testimonies with the girls.  After I shared my testimony, a young girl by the name of Georgianna came up to me and shared with me that her baby brother died when he was 1.  She was asking me questions about Joe.  She gave me a huge hug and the look in her eyes, I will never forget.  They were eyes filled with love and total understanding of heartbreak. This young girl came over to comfort me.  I am here on this mission trip to comfort these broken children and here this child was comforting me.  How amazing is that?   She noticed my necklace and asked me what the charms meant.  I explained the initial "J" stood for Joe, the word "blessed" represented the tattoo he had on his arm, and the cross was a symbol of his Faith in God.  She told me her sister had a cross necklace but she did not.  A dear friend of mine from work, gave me a beautiful poem about the cross with a small cross attached to the poem for me to share with the members of the team.  Right away I knew I was to give Georgianna my cross.  She was so thrilled.  I was so thankful that GOD provided this cross for me to share with her.  A little later she came back up to me, and in a gentle voice, asked if I would take her home with me.  I was shocked!  I didn't know what to say because I didn't want to disappoint her. My heart just melted.   I started to tear up and I told her if I could I would like to but I didn't think I could.  She grabbed hold of my hand and told me it was okay.  We sat together holding hands comforting one another.  Here again she was comforting me. When the afternoon ended and she left, I was regretting that I didn't share more of Gods word with her.   I look forward to seeing her later in the week so I can tell her that God loves her and share Jeremiah 29:11 with her.  

This was day 2 and God has already touched me and opened my heart to something special that I know will be apart of me for the rest of my life.

Blessing from Romania,
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment